We are very committed to protecting your privacy. As internet technologies are constantly changing Find a Grandparent may revise this privacy statement at any time by updating this information. Find a Grandparent will notify members of these changes by email to the registered email address. Your continued use of this website following the posting of any changes to the privacy statement constitutes acceptance of these changes. If you object to any of the changes you have no choice but to terminate your membership.
2. Why do we save your information
We collect personal information from you to allow us to provide our services to you, and to assist us in operating and maintaining the Site.
3. What information do we save
- The personal information that you enter into your account and profile.
- Information provided to us by other members that relate to your membership, e.g. complaints made against you.
- Personal and other information that you might give us in a survey or when you contact us.
4. How long do we keep your personal information
- We will keep the information for 1 year after you terminated your membership unless legal obligations require us to store the information for longer.
- We may keep your information for more than one year if there are unresolved issues regarding your membership, e.g. an unresolved complaint against you. In this case your personal information will be deleted one year after the issue has been resolved unless legal obligations require us to store the information for longer.
5. Who can see your information
- The information you include in your visible profile can be seen by anyone who enters our site. This includes members of Find a Grandparent and also non-members.
- Your personal information is only visible to you and Find a Grandparent. We will not provide your personal information to third parties including companies who advertise on our site. However, we may disclose your personal information to third party services providers where necessary to assist us in maintaining the Site and providing our services to you.
- However we reserve the right to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, legal requirement, police investigation or governmental request.
6. Access to your personal information
You can access your personal information by logging into your account using your email address and your personal password. Here you can update and correct your personal information.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access, including by means of firewalls, password access and secure servers. This does not include your profile information which is viewable by all users of this site.
However, as the security of online transactions and the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed, you provide information to us using these means at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not within our control. If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please let us know immediately.
You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party. This includes third parties that we are permitted to disclose your personal information to in accordance with this policy, our terms and conditions or any applicable laws. The collection and use of your information by such third parties may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
Please also check the Privacy statement of our payment service PayPal by clicking here.
Privacy Statement V2 dated 9 March 2011